Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Freaky

Do you guys want to hear something scary? Well, it's scary to me, at least.

Did anyone hear of the girl who was murdered by her ex-boyfriend over here by where I live? Well here's the story. This girl had been off and on with this guy for awhile. He was a heavy cocaine and heroine addict among other drugs. This girl had ended the relationship with him because he was verbally abusive and most likely phyisically abusive, as well. So he was angry with her that she didn't get back together with him and he decided to break into her house one night while her and her friend were at her house. He broke in the window, had cut her tires so she couldn't drive away and cut the phone lines so she couldn't call for help. He stabbed her and her friend and the friend ran across the street to call for help and when she came back, he had stabbed her multiple times to where she died. The friend survived with a knife wound.

The thing is, the girl who died was the sister of one of the girls I work with. Apparently she was the sweetest girl who just always got herself mixed up with the wrong guys. I think that's so sad. I mean, she's just this sweet, innocent girl who thought she could change him (that's why she gets herself into these relationships. So she can change them into better people). You want to hear something else scary? I knew who the guy was that killed her. He came into the gym all the time. In fact, the morning he killed her, he was in the gym working out while I working. That's so scary to think of. He was a huge guy. I mean, huge. Probably one of the biggest guys I've seen come in. He had tattoos all down his arms and the girl couldn't have fought him off if her life depended on it, which it did, even if he didn't have a knife. He had to be on steroids or something. But he was one scary guy.

I just can't stop thinking that he was there. You never think that those sort of things would happen close to home. It's scary. I feel so bad for the girl I work with and her family. No one deserves to go through that. It's terrible. It's evil.

He's probably going to try and plead insanity because of the drugs. The thing is, when I was in law class in grade 11 (nothing special), we used to defend cases like that, where the accused was on drugs and at the time I kind of sympathized with them. I really don't now. I don't care what you were on. You should get more time because you were stupid enough to do the drugs in the first place. I'm sorry, I know that's not the way the legal system works, but I'm just so angry. I mean, he came in to work out and the girl's sister works with me, and she was most likely working that day because she always works and he was there. You can't help but think, "what if?" I wish you could know when those sort of things are going to happen because maybe he could have been stopped or something. It's just not fair sometimes.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 p.m., Blogger Elyse said…

    That's so incredibly sad, scary, freaky, and gross! I can't believe it. I guess sometimes we can't until something happens so close to home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home