Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Thursday, November 04, 2004

You don't eat what?

Sorry to do this, but I'm going to pick on all the vegetarians/vegans/crazy people out there. First of all, you don't want to eat meat, fine, don't. A lot of people don't eat meat just because they're on some health kick or whatever. But I'm picking on the people who don't eat meat because "it's mean to hurt the poor animals". Am I all for randomly killing animals and abusing them for no reason? No. Am I all for brutally murdering them and eating them? Yes. Well, in a sense. Maybe not the whole "brutally murdering" part, but eating them, yeah, of course.

I think it's pretty obsurd when people say it's wrong to kill animals to eat them and they have feelings too, blah, blah, blah. I think that certain animals were created just so we could eat them. Back in the hunter and gatherer societies, they would have all died if they didn't eat meat. It was a main source of nutrition. I really don't think you could argue that they could live off of berries and fruit for the rest of their lives. It's just not possible. One of my friends is a vegetarian and she won't eat beef, chicken, etc., but she will eat fish. Why you ask? Well I did too. She said it's because fish have scales, therefore they can't feel pain and so it doesn't hurt them when you cut them open and pull out their insides. This does not justify eating them! It only justifies an EXCUSE to eat them! Of course they feel pain.

Furthermore, the only thing I'm against eating is lobster. It's so inhumane the way people cook them. To me at least, it just looks disgusting. First you boil them alive and listen to them scream (if you ever heard one, it literally screams. Kind of bone chilling actually). Also, I don't think it's right when people kill animals for sport, such as tigers, panda bears, regular bears, elephants, just for some form of trade to sell their fur or ivory tusks; unless of course they're squirrels. Man I hate those things.

But anyways, back to vegetarians. You know how overpopulated the world would be if no one killed and ate cows? Besides, vegans don't eat dairy products, because "it doesn't belong to humans. It's for the cow's babies." Yeah, whatever. If you didn't milk a cow, it would explode. So really, you're saving it's life by taking it's milk. Whoa ho, a solution! Also, the number one leading cause of starvation in India, is cow worship. Why? Because it is illegal to kill a cow in India. So all these cows are running around, free to do whatever the heck they want, while the civilians sit and starve to death. Not only that, the cows are free to roam wherever they want, right, so they go and kill all the crops and stuff, which was the only shred of hope the people had of actually eating. Kill the cows! Eat them and enjoy sweet, juicy steak!

Besides, what's with people trying to replace hamburgers and hot dogs with soy products and claiming they taste the same? No they don't! Ever had one of those? It's like chewing on your hand, it's so gross. Granted, I will give them that tofu tastes pretty good in pasta, but that's it. None of this tofurkey crap you want to serve for Christmas. It's just not going to happen.

The only thing I would change about eating meat, is possibly the process of some of the farms that make meat. I saw a video on it once, and the people were pretty brutal. They would beat pigs in the head with crow bars and they had no sensitivity whatsoever to the animals. I may be all for eating meat, but I'm definitely not all for making the poor things suffer horrible, painful deaths. Make it quick and painless. That's the best way to go. They're pointless animals anyways. Might as well eat them.

My opinion is purely uneducational, so feel free to rip it apart if you disagree.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:58 a.m., Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    Hunter/gatherer societies? You realize that Abel raised crops, right? Okay then, just so's you're referring to other relatively modern societies and not prehistoric man.

     
  • At 1:27 p.m., Blogger Aleah said…

    No, I meant specifically hunter/gatherers. Yes I know all about agriculturalism and stuff. I was referring to those tribes that are purely nomadic.

     
  • At 1:28 p.m., Blogger Abe said…

    A couple little flaws I see in this argument, such as the overpopulation of the world of cows if we didn't eat them, but there's one big thing to note: there's all different reasons to become a vegetarian. I'd suspect that a lot of teen girls do it for the reasons of not hurting animals, but many older (and dare I say mature?) people do it for other reasons. I've been considering becoming a vegetarian for a little while now, basically I know I should but I just suck...it's too hard. I won't go totally into the reasons, but it has to do with a dominant food system that perpetuates starvation in underdeveloped nations, I've got resources if you're interested in this concept. Well, I'm off to grab a piece of ham...

     
  • At 5:10 p.m., Blogger Aleah said…

    Oh I know. I stated in the beginning that I was only talking about people who want to "protect the poor, little innocent animals". If I crossed over that boundary, sorry that was unintentional. I was just solely talking about people who think that animals were not put here to eat. I completely understand the whole issue about world hunger and everything, I agree, it sucks. I heard ridiculous statistics on how much food is wasted in Western culture and frankly, it sickens me. If you want to become a vegetarian, good on ya. But personally, I just love the taste of meat and so does my family!

     
  • At 4:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

     
  • At 7:55 a.m., Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    If God didn't want us to eat humans, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

    Oy. Just kidding, awful joke.

     
  • At 2:18 p.m., Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    *Conga line forms.*

    "You don't win friends with salad!
    You don't win friends with salad!"

     
  • At 10:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would rip it apart and burn it. What you said is shit. Animals do have feelings. I mean what do animals do when they are seperated from their families? They cry and they start looking for each other.
    Or when you brake a chiken's leg. dont you think they are going to feel pain. Also, when someone tries to touch kittens. Their mother wouldn't defenetly let you. She woud defend them. And this is with all animals and also with humans! You wouldnt want someone tourturing a member of your family, would you? These animals know how to think and they know whats happening. For godsakes. these poor inocent animals are like humans. we are all warm blood. The only difference is that they cant speak our language.

    YOU ARE JUST A HATER

     

Post a Comment

<< Home