Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Piercings

I was at the mall the other day and I noticed an unusual piercing that I've never seen before. Some guy had the back of his neck pierced. It was so weird! It actually looked kind of cool, in a scary, morbid sort of way. The two holes were fairly far apart, too. I wonder, though, how would they get it pierced like that? It looks severly painful. Also, what's the point? They could easily be snagged on something and get ripped right out, because I don't believe the actual piercing would be too far below the surface of the skin because there isn't that much skin to begin with on the back of your neck. It really hurts to even pull on a piercing let alone have it ripped out. Some babies at work always pull my earrings and it hurts! As well, I've seen people pierced on their front, just below the neck and all it is is two studded balls on either end of a rod of metal, basically. I don't think it looks all that great. I think there is reason and pure insanity when it comes to piercings. For instance, I think only certain guys look good with their ears pierced or whatever. But also the actual earring they choose is crazy. I saw some guy with this really ugly pearly looking thing shoved in his ear and he honestly looked like a girl. I'm not against piercings by all means, but for some of them, I just don't see the purpose. I don't mind eyebrow rings on guys, or nose rings on girls (as long as it's a stud or something), but when people pierce their lip or their tongue, I always wonder why.

The tongue is really easy to get infected for one thing, and for the first couple weeks you can't eat any solid foods. Well, that's what a friend of mine said when she got her tongue pierced. Also, lip rings would just be really annoying. There's this girl in my class with one and I think it looks really crappy. Again, what's the point? Maybe to express individuality or something like that, I don't know. A guy actually said that it was for his girlfriend because she likes to play with it. Yeah, that's nice to know and I won't get into that with you either.

Also, what's with getting piercings when you're drunk? I know so many people who have woken up the next morning to find they pierced themselves. It's crazy. Someone I know attempted to pierce their own belly button; someone else I know got their ear pierced (a guy) by using ice cubes and his sister-in-law did it; and this guy from my high school got his nipple pierced. Those, also, I don't understand. But hey, whatever makes you happy, right? I'd just be too afraid of getting it ripped out. You know how much that would hurt? Also, for women, they are unable to breast feed once they have children. I guess that doesn't apply to the women who don't want children, but I know someone who got it done and afterwards, the piercer was like, "Oh, by the way, you can't ever breast feed again." Well how lovely is that. It kind of would have helped if the information was given BEFORE the piercing. She was actually really upset too, because she wanted children. But with choices comes consequences.

I actually find it quite amazing how many places you can have pierced on your body. Some, more than others, I really wonder why you'd want it piereced! I'm not "against" it or anything, I just don't understand why some people would want that done to themselves. So if anyone would like to clarify that for me, that would be awesome. Have a great night people!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like piercings because I think they are like art and I think art is beatiful. It's nice to have permenant art on yourself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home