Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I'm Beginning to Hate London

That's right.

This city is starting to really bother me. I hate the bus system. It has got to be the worst public transit system on the face of the Earth. I had a class (or so I though, explanation later) at 6:oopm right; so I figured I'd get on the bus at 5pm, since 5:30 would be pushing it since the bus only comes every half hour. Well, I'm standing there for 20 minutes waiting for the stupid bus to come and finally it does, but I mean, people have things to do! They're not taking the bus for the joy of riding it along with other people who don't have the priviledge (yes, priviledge, it's not a right, especially when there's so many crappy drivers out there) of driving a car. So, needless to say, I did make my class, but I don't want to stand around for 20 minutes trying to figure out if the bus is going to show up or not. And it takes me about 10-15 minutes to drive to my high school, dependng on traffic, but on the bus, it takes an hour and a half because the routes suck and the times suck. Public transportation is supposed to be convenient! Not a pain in the butt! Anyways, that's my rant about this city and their lack of good transportation.

Now, for my class. Well, I wasted a good three hours tonight. I got to the bus stop at 5pm, got to my class at about quarter to six, and there ended up not being a class. Whoo....there's another hour wasted. Then, my 7 o'clock lecture, which was supposed to go until 9pm, ended up lasting 5 minutes. That's right. So, I wasted my entire "evening" doing nothing but waiting and wondering. It turns out my professor was sick and couldn't make it. You know what? I'm sick too! I feel like someone shoved a screwdriver down my throat.....okay that's a little drastic, but I'm not in the greatest mood right now. But the upside is I get to watch Spiderman for class on Thursday. I love that movie! Yea, now I'm happy again! Anyways, I hope you all have a lovely night watching Canada win the World Cup....though the score is tied as of the end of the first period. Go Canada!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home