Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Sunday, August 15, 2004

London Outreach Centre

That's where we went this morning. It's located inside the Lamplighter Inn at Best Western on Wellington Rd. The service started at 10:30am, which wasn't the greatest thing for me, but hey, I got to sleep in. The worship started off the service and it was alright, but the first two songs they played I didn't know. I've heard better worship though, and they kept repeating the verses and choruses a lot, which I didn't really like because I didn't know the songs! But it was still good. They actually had a female drummer, which I have never seen before. She was good too. It was a little loud though because she was using real sticks in a smaller area. Probably smaller than Faith's sanctuary. It was funny because their worship team consisted of like five people because they only had one singer and he played guitar, so no, they had four people. Drummer, piano, singer/guitar and electric guitar.

The pastor was fairly good too. I enjoyed his sermon this morning. He's like Leonard, he takes a few Sundays to get through his sermons! He said he was going to be taking the next few Sundays to get through his topic. He spoke about building a personal relationship with God, and not just doing the rituals Christians do, but actually getting personal with God. He also touched base on the fact that Christians need to lighten up and have fun. That everything doesn't have to be spiritualised and we don't have to be reserved and all uptight about being Christian. That we need to go and have fun, that you don't need to pray before a baseball game or something like that, but he said he doesn't disagree with praying, it's just that some Christians have a tendency to become uptight in their faith, which is true. I thought that was pretty cool, because I know a couple Christians who are like that (none of you, don't worry). He was pretty funny too, making small jokes and what not about different small things, you know.

Overall, it was good, but it wasn't great. I'm still sticking with New Hope, because I like the worship better and I like the people better. Not to say London Outreach Centre had bad people, it's just they weren't my kind of crowd. I don't think there were any youth there. If there was, they were all under 12 and went to Sunday school. That's what I didn't like. They were all approximately 30 and over with small kids. So it didn't really appeal to me there. It looks like New Hope is still up there in the rankings.

For some reason this morning, for the first time in awhile, I really really missed Faith. Usually I'm alright because I see everyone and it's all good, but today, I just wanted to be at home in our church. What I miss the most is the worship team. You know, just fooling around and having fun and playing songs I like best. That's what I'm really missing. We weren't alone this morning because we went with the Clarkes, but I missed playing hockey and stuff after church. Because this morning, they all kind of left and there was no food, or fellowship or anything. But yeah. How are you all doing with church scouting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home