Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Monday, July 26, 2004

Weekend

Well, it was yet another wonderful youth event this weekend. I had a lot of fun with all of you who went camping. Shall I do a recap for those who didn't go? Sure, why not.

Friday: We began our journey departing from Abe and Melissa's at about 10:45am. My car consisted of Mel, Celia, Catharina and I. We stopped for bagels for Melissa and the other two cars continued to the camp site. We had to catch up to Abe and Jamie, so we were going about 40km/h over the speed limit to do so! Weaving in and out of cars. No, not really. But it sounds exciting, eh?! Finally we caught up to them. Then melissa was feeling really sick (poor Mel :() so I had to drive for about an hour and a half (I only thought it was about 30 min, but I was wrong). It was kinda scary because I had never driven on a highway type road before and I went really fast and I actually had to pass people! But anyways, we arrived there safe and sound. Once we got there, I think we just set up the tents and went swimming for awhile and some tanned. We had our supper and sat around the campfire discussing the questions that George posed to Abe and the group for some free ice cream. Oh man, I had been eating candy ALL day long and then when we had supper, I had four hot dogs in a matter of 10 minutes and then some more candy. Then Bradley started talking about and playing with his disgusting gash on his leg and I almost threw up. Yeah, that was exciting! I think after that, everyone ('cept me and a couple others) played hide and seek. We talked some more and went to bed.

Saturday: We all got up, had breakfast (yummy pancakes....or potcakes for those of you who heard the joke and some muffins). We went to the grotto on our very LONG hike and it was really cool. There was a lot of really pretty sights to see, such as the lake, the grotto, the cliffs, etc. It was a really nice hike. A lot of work though and my legs still hurt! Abe climbed on the wall along the inside of the grotto and had to turn back because of the overhang. But, Richard thought he could do it so he climbed his way around and ended up falling in! Ah, good times. Over half the group turned back to the vans, but about 6 of us continued on the Bruce Peninsula trail (I think) and we climbed down this tunnel thing to where the overhang was above us. We all made it down safe and sound, except for Bradley who almost rolled down the rocks, but managed to catch himself. Funny kid. So we journeyed back to the vans and made it just in time before we all died of exhaustion. After that, Abe and I went swimming, Celia and Catharina went on the paddle boats and the rest hung around the campsite (doing what, I'm not sure). Again, we ate dinner, which was spaghetti (and it was good 'cause Mel's awesome!) and we played capture the flag and my team won the first game (Abe, Jamie, Laura, Celia and I), but it was so hard 'cause I was tired from hiking and swimming and I had to chase Nathan and he's fast! Then we sat around the campfire and talked again. Hahaha...there were some funny conversations going on there! The best was when everyone went to the washrooms without flashlights and attmepted to use the toilets, but apparently all the guys missed and Tara ended up using the washroom after them...just imagine what happened yourself! Hahaha.

Sunday: We woke up, had breakfast, packed up and headed over to Tobermory to walk around the harbour. It was really nice there, but totally a tourist haven, with overpriced everything and gift shops! We wanted to see the Chee Chee Mon (sp?) come in, but SOMEBODY told us the wrong time and we never got to see it! But, after some wandering, we went home and all dispersed in our own directions. It was a really memorable trip and I thank those of you who organized and supervised it. Thanks a bunch and do it again!

Today: I have to work a double shift today. I've already worked one and now I'm off to the other. What's worse is I'm slightly sick and really tired. I actually had a nap today, which is amazing because I haven't had one since I was a kid! That shows just how crappy I'm feeling today! Actually, it's probably just stupid allergies or something. But anyways, I have to go to work and feel free to add on to or correct any of the events I've listed. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home