Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Canada Day

Well, Happy Canada Day to you all, as well as Happy Birthday to my mother! You want to know what she asked for for her birthday? I'll tell you. A water gun and steak. That's right. First of all, I had the same expression on my face when she said that as you probably do from reading this. I asked what the significance of a water gun is, and she said she wants one so that she can shoot the squirrels that dig in her garden so that they don't come back. I laughed at this! Ah, my mother is crazy, but funny. As for the steak, well, it's too expensive for us to eat regularly, so she wanted it specially for her birthday, Needless to say, we're eating steak tonight! Nathan baked a cake for my mom for her birthday. It was actually really good, considering he just learned to make Kraft Dinner!

Last night was fun! Spiderman 2 was pretty good, but I don't think it was better than the first one like the critics say, but I still liked it. I think the first one had more action in it, because, for one, that's what people were looking for, and two, the villain was a little more crazy than Doc Ock. The second one had more of a plotline to it than the first one. I think it was more about Peter Parker's character and his struggle to find himself, rather than fully about becoming and being Spiderman, like in the first one. Overall though, I would recommend it and I thought it was pretty good. And for those who were in the van when I was dropped off, if you were wondering what I was doing, there were all these bugs everywhere and I was trying to swat them away. There was this disgusting ear wig on the door by the handle, so I had to take my key chain and kill it. It was sick, but hey, I wasn't about to touch it! I stayed up until after 3am because I couldn't sleep, so I ended up talking to someone on MSN! :P

We were talking about what church we want to go to this Sunday, and I mentioned that some of you are going to GTA and that we could go there. That was an idea. My parents wanted to know where the Timmermans were going and I said I didn't know, and they suggested we camp outside their house on Sunday morning and follow them! Haha! So I guess you guys should feel special! :) Hehe.

Today. Yes, I know this blog is all over the place, but really, I don't care! I went biking with Nathan. I wanted to ride to Springbank, but he wasn't exactly up for that! So, we went to this forest near my house. It was pretty cool. There used to be a few ramps and things there, but there was only one fairly large ramp left. So we went off that. I hadn't gone off a jump for a long time, so that was exciting! Except the thing is, we had to ride up this really steep hill and the ramp was at the bottom and there were a few roots along the way, so you had to maneouver correctly, otherwise you would end up flying over your handle bars. It was slightly scary though, 'cause I don't own a helmet anymore, so I really had to do it right! But, you know, Nate and I being the expert bikers we are, had no trouble with it. ;) So after going off that for a little while, we decided to move on. He showed me this cool view, where you could see a bunch of trees and then this valley and a creek at the bottom. It was actually nice and serene. Iggy said that farther into the summer there are these purple flowers that bloom all along the hillside, which sounds beautiful. I decided I would slide down the dirt hill and go to the creek. Nate didn't want to, so he stayed at the top. At first, it was really steep because there was nothing to hold on to, just flat dirt. So that was a little tricky. I was about half way down, when Nate called me, so I turned around and he yelled, "catch!". He was standing by some trees so I couldn't see what he threw at me because it blended in with the trees. But after a second, I saw it against the sky and it was a rock!! HE THREW A ROCK AT ME! The first one missed me by a lot. But the second or third one was so close that I turned around so it wouldn't hit me in the head and I ended up falling down the hill onto a giant rock! And what was Nathan doing? Laughing at the top of the hill! He threw a few more rocks and I continued my journey down to the creek. (No, he wasn't actually trying to hit me, he was trying to bother me, as usual. So before you go telling Nathan he's either cruel, or funny for throwing rocks at me, don't!)

I got down to the creek, but it was blocked by a bunch of poison sue mac (sp?) plants and I wasn't risking dodging those to look at a little creek! So, I proceeded to climb the hill back to the top. It was actually a lot steeper than I thought, which made it difficult. That and Ig still throwing rocks to distract me. I was almost to the top, when this GIANT bee attacked me and I ended up sliding down a few more feet in order to swat at the bee. Okay, maybe it wasn't GIANT, but it sounded like it! I think it liked the smell of my hair or something, 'cause it kept buzzing around my head. ANYWAYS, I made it to the top, covered in dirt and hurting from landing on the rock, but it was fun. It reminded me of my childhood, because Kevin, Nathan, Ernie (our friend) and I used to go biking in the Sem by King's. They had wicked jumps there, where you came into this kind of opening, but it was still sheltered by trees and what not, and there were all these ramps and things there that we went off of. We were crazy back then! I remember one day, these girls, Caitlin and Missy, came with us (they were more girly girls and didn't do much in the way of biking) and Kevin and Ernie set up this string in between these two trees where the path led to a certain ramp. Well, Caitlin and Missy were riding down the path and all of a sudden Caitlin flips over her handle bars and then Missy flips over and lands on Caitlin. It was the funniest thing you've ever seen! Of course, they weren't hurt or anything, but it was still funny!

But yes, Nate and I came home after that. We went up this hill to Whiteacres, this area/street with these massive houses and such, near my house. It's kind of funny though, because you have all these nice houses on Whiteacres, and then across Wonderland, it becomes Blackacres and that's where I live. They aren't bad houses, just some townhouses and condominiums, but I think it's funny how they named the streets like that!

On the way home, my brakes were feeling really weird. So when I flipped over my bike to check them, I discovered the bolt that holds the brake on, was almost off! I'm glad I checked it because then the next bikeride I went on, I'd probably be flying down a hill and the bolt would fly off, and yeah, you get the picture! I managed to fix it, which is a miracle, since I'm not a very handy person. But my dad said I should become a mechanic because I fixed it and he couldn't figure it out! Yeah right! Me? A mechanic? I'm the type of person who would be like, "Oh, look. I wonder what that does? Whoops! I guess you shouldn't put your hand on a spinning belt!" Haha. Okay. Maybe not THAT bad, but you know.

Well, that's been my exciting day so far and I hope you all have a fun Canada Day and tell me how the fireworks and such were, because our stupid FORD broke down AGAIN, so we can't go anywhere today, otherwise we would probably be at the beach or something. Happy Canada Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home