Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Prom

Well prom has come and gone so quickly. *sigh* The good thing is that it was a blast! Seeing everyone all dressed up, especially those you would never suspect to be dressed up, made everything worth the while. At first it was kind of boring because we were just sitting there looking at everyone's outfits and then after about half an hour, it was amazing! I've got pictures that I'm bringing to church tomorrow, as I promised Elyse! I'll show whomever wishes to see them.

After prom, we went camping, but we didn't get there until after midnight. It was so dark and no one could see anything. We made friends with the three park ranger guys (lucky for us) who were bored out of their minds since they had to patrol up and down the roads for hours in the middle of the night. Talk about a boring job. You know you have a pointless job when you have time to talk to campers for four hours (literally)!!! The people who were camping from RMC got kicked out of the park because they were drinking and smoking up, which is kind of funny because some of my friends and I were talking to these people one campsite over from the RMC campsite and they were drinking as well (No, I am NOT a drinker, so get that thought out of your head right now!). I guess the park rangers are selective or something. I don't know.

I went to bed at about 4:30am to the sound of birds chriping and the sun rising. Good times. Then I woke up at about 9:30am to the sound, or shall I say painful scream, of a certain someone jumping on me. It was not a good time to jump on me I tell ya! That certain someone never even went to bed, in fact, the certain someone is still awake and has not gone to bed yet. That would be what? 48 hours of being awake? My props to you!

I wish I could have stayed for everything, like the barbecue at Cat's house and staying over another night for camping, but I've got my priorities and I'm sticking to them!

Overall it was fun. Stewy running full speed into the picnic table and the park rangers stopping to ask if she was alright, "S" making the two of us lost and insisting he knew the way (what is it with guys and directions?) when I was the one who knew where we were going, Lizzy taking the car at 6 in the morning thinking it was 10 and freaking out the ranger guys, sitting around the fire for like 6 hours talking about nothing (considering everyone was dead from the night before, it was inevitable), and many more crazy events. Ahh all that is left is the memories. So sad. Anyways, have a good night guys!