Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Monday, June 28, 2004

The Last of the Lasts

*sigh*

Yesterday was the last Sunday of a few of the last things we had to do. Thursday, we had the last worship practice that seemed to go quickly, yet was about an hour longer than normal. We ended up doing some twenty songs, which was funny. Friday, was the last youth group, a great night I must say. Eating dinner and dressing up (except me of course :P), playing random games and such, playing euchre for the first time and winning (yea us!), and just hanging around like normal. It was a fun night and a later night as well (1:30am for me).

Saturday was the baby shower, not really a last, more of a first because I've never been to a baby shower where guys were present, and I congratulate the FEW of you guys who stayed, for part of it at least. Hehe. Aww Mr. Terry falling asleep with the baby was cute too! And Mel got a picture of it! So yeah, a fun night.

Then comes Sunday.

This was the hard one. I couldn't sleep very well on Saturday night and then I woke up at 5 something in the morning and remembered that it was the last Sunday and started crying. But, like a baby, I must of cried myself to sleep because I woke up again to the sound of my mom saying my name. I was fine all morning. I didn't cry at church until after the first worship was done and we were saying our blessings for the Terrys. It was a sad day. But then again, it was also fun. We sang a million songs, had a long service, a presentation by the kids (which was good by the way), a dedication for Ruthy, some blessings, lunch and some more songs! So, church ended at about 3pm....haha! Then we all went to Abe and Melissa'd and hung around, eating pizza, palying video games and stuff. Then some went to the drive-in to see Dodgeball (stupid movie if you ask me. Not worth the money to go see it).

It was hard to say good-bye to the church though. yes, it's just a building, but it's a building where we created so many memories and close friendships. I mean, there's a lot of sentiment involved there. We practically built the place ourselves, because so many walls were built, decorated, painted and redone to suit our church. We played hockey there, stole mints when no one was looking (anyone remember that?!), played, oh I forget what it's called, but it's where you play hide-and-seek in total darkness, games, events, wedding, funeral, so many things happened there and I'm sad to see we have to leave it behind. Though, it's still not shut right now, because we still have to clear the place out. That will be difficult for some. I'm just going to miss everything.

Although the church is closing, I hope we can all remain friends and hang out like normal. It just means we have to use the phone to see who's house we'll go to, instead of all deciding together. I just don't want everyone to stop hanging out because they go to different churches. In fact, I hope we don't all have to go to different churches. It would be nice if we could start a new one or go to one together, but it'll be difficult for me, because I think I have to follow my parents. But oh well.

Thanks guys for all the memories we've shared. You all have been really good friends to me! I don't think anyone else has cared so much for each other than I've seen at our church. Thanks for the encouragement through things in my life, such as school, worship, etc. You all have been, and will continue to be, great and awesome! I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home