Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Driver's Ed

I had my first in-car lesson today. It was quite exciting, let me tell you! I was so nervous in the beginning because I didn't want to kill anybody and we had his two little boys in the back with us. First of all, the car was horrendous! The front tire was kind of low, so it pulled to the left; the engine was really loud and made a funny noise; the gas pedal took longer to gain speed; and the brake would bog everytime you used it, even if you were pushing lightly. But it kept my speed in check, which was good. Surprisingly enough, I went really slow! This is amazing, because usually I have trouble driving at least the speed limit. I drove about 40km/h through my area (I usually do like 60km/h) and on roads posted at 60km/h, I drove live 5km/h under and everywhere else actually. But, to my surprise, no one was ever on my tail. It was completely different from my driving experience last weekend! Hehe.

But the scary thing was, all these horrible things happened to me that have never happened before!! First off, a car pulls in front of me, then a dude on a bike rides in front of me, then a man crosses the street in front of me and a lady another time. Also, I was coming up to this red light (I was still far back, not even stopping yet) and the light turned green, but just before I went through the green, a guy comes zooming through the red light! My instructor's like, "Whoa! Did you see that?!" It was crazy. He made me drive downtown as well, which was freaky. There were these people standing on the street corner dancing like folk dances or something whacked out. It was weird. I got behind this guy dowtown and we kept hitting all the red lights. Well this guy would stop so his back tires were on the white line and then he would roll forward. Brake. Roll forward. Brake, until he got into the middle of the intersection and when the other people's light turned red, he'd go before our light even changed. He did this a few times. Like really, what's the point of even stopping in the middle of the intersection? Why not just pull a Greg and look both ways then drive through? It was crazy, I tell ya.

Needless to say, there were no problems, he didn't have to use the little emergency brake on his side or anything, which was good. We just cruised around for two hours! He's so funny though. I used to be his neighbour when I lived at my old house. We were just driving along and he was listening to something on his cell phone or whatever it was he had, and he was jotting down all these notes (completely unrelated to the session), so it was good. We even listened to the radio.

Totally unrelated to everything, my new found love: cheesecake! Oh man! I never knew I liked it. In fact, for a few years, I thought I hated it! I had a little bit at a wedding once and it was alright, but I had some at Costco the other week and it was amazing! Tonight, I went to Plantations with Melissa and Juliet and I had a massive piece of chocolate fudge cheesecake, and oh, it was SO good! I couldn't finish the last two bites though because I had just finished eating dinner before I went there. It's so expensive! But definitely worth the money spent. I advise you all to eat lots of cheesecake...then go for a run. ;) Have a good night everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home