Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Monday, August 30, 2004

Great Day!

Today was the best day of my life! Why, you might ask. Well, I'll tell you. It started off with a good day at work. I got to take care of this 7 week old baby. She was so cute! Yeah, yeah. I know what most of you are thinking. Who cares? Right? But I do! I never get to take care of babies. And guess what her name was. Maliah! (Like Aleah, except with an "M"). There was also this little girl (about 7 years old) who brought with her a little Bible - it was actually the New Testament, like those little red ones they gave out at school. She was reading it to Maliah while she was sleeping. It was the cutest thing ever, and it was really cool, too. I asked her what she was reading and she told me and then she said that she wanted to read it everyday so that she could finish the whole thing. I just thought it was pretty amazing to see such a young kid saying stuff like that.

Then, I had two hours of in-car with my instructor. He's hilarious! It's always great driving. I went on the highway for the first time. That was exciting. Everyone was passing me though 'cause I was doing 110km/h and they didn't like that. But it's so much easier than I thought it would be. I can't wait until I get my license!

Then I went back to work again for another exciting time. (No sarcasm intended). I worked by myself (stupid Rustom!). But I have figured out a way to make kids listen to you and have fun at the same time. No one has figured that out yet at work, except Rustom. See, if you give them too many rules and yell at them all the time, they don't listen. Imagine that, eh? But see, everyone is always yelling at the kids and telling them to settle down or be quiet or don't do that, you might get hurt, type of deal. You know what? When there's more rules, the kids get hurt more. I only had one get minorly injured. And that's because they didn't listen to the ONE rule I had. But she was 3, so you can't really blame her. Haha. We (this 11 year old and I) were pushing the kids on the riding toys really fast around the daycare. It was great fun!

But that's not really why my day was the best. See, when you apply for OSAP, some people qualify for this scholarship, and I was one of them. So, I just checked the box, and I had completely forgot about it until today. I received a letter in the mail saying that I had just won a $3300 scholarship!! It was amazing!!! Sorry, I don't mean to brag or anything, 'cause I'm not trying to, but I was just SO happy! I told my mom that and she started laughing so hard and crying at the same time. It was great! (You have to know my mom to understand). So yeah. Praise God for that!

Anyways, I've rambled enough. Have a good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home