Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Friday, October 01, 2004

"There are no stupid questions"

That is, by far, the worst cliche ever. See, I always thought that University was for "smarter" people. You know, those who put a considerable effort into their high school education, but apparently I was wrong. For one thing, I thought I could escape the idiots from my high school, but once again, wrong. I am probably the wrong person to be blogging about stupid questions/people, but hey, whatever. I have geography class on Monday nights from 7-10 and there are nine of us all from Lucas. It's not so bad because there are 100 people in my class approximately, therefore meaning that I don't exactly have to associate with them, because they were all people (well, less a couple of them) I would label as "snobby". But they're all morons though. Yes, this is being harsh, but just listen (or read) to this.

So, we're sitting in this freaking hot room and being lectured for three hours about maps......fuuuun. For those of you who know, it's in the Mansion, so all we can do is open the door and hope we don't all melt of heat exhaustion. We were particularly talking about thematic maps right, and you know, how each colour represents something, blah blah blah. Well, this one kid from my school puts up his hand and asks, "Why did they pick those colours?" (There was an example map on the screen showing sporatic corn crops in a gradual light pink to dark red colour sequence) So he continues, "It's too hard to tell the colours apart. Why don't they just make them all different colours like brown and blue and green?" At this point, I was extremely annoyed because the two of them (another guy from my school as well) were asking incredibly stupid questions the whole class. I'm really astounded that they even got into University. They're idiots. But honestly, who asks that? There are no stupid questions, eh? Uh huh. Anyways, I said that they were really stupid or something like that to a couple of my friends and the guy who was sitting in front of me turns around and said that he was going to see how long he could stall the class by asking stupid questions like the other guys. So, he raises his hand and started asking a bunch of meaningless questions, yet not completely moronic that the professor could tell he was joking around. Needless to say, we never finished the lecture and are therefore, behind.

I'm terribly sorry, but I was just really surpised that these people could be so uneducated. And they were serious, too! Which really stunned me. But anyways, that's my little rant. Of course we all say stupid things at some point or another (again, I'm known for that, I'm sure), but some people I just don't understand. So yes, have a good night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home