Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Companeros Inc

Anyone ever heard of this organization?

The guy who leads it, Gonzalo Duarte, I believe, was also at the nonviolence presentation last night. He spoke about his organization, Companeros, which goes to Central America to help out people there. It sounds pretty cool. If you wanted more information about it, you could go to www.companeros.ca

After the presentation ended last night, I went and talked to Gonzalo, because I was curious to know if it was a Christian based organization. I wondered this because when he did his 5 minute spiel in the beginning, he played God of Wonders and he was talking about doing worship and stuff on the trips, so I asked him if it was. He said that the organization itself is not Christian based, because he had been told it would be better not to, because Central America has had bad experiences with American Christian organizations. But he told me that he is a Christian and there are Faith based experiences and such. He then talked to me about my Faith, etc. It was cool.

Anyways, the one that I was looking at, was the one in Nicaragua. I think it would be a good experience. What you would do is go and help build homes, or help clean up communities and things, and you could stay with local families and experience the culture and such. It would be in May for ten days. The only thing I have a problem with, is travelling by myself. Not by myself, but with other people in the group as well, but just by myself as in not my family. It may not appear so, but I don't like leaving the country without my family. It's a safety net, you know. But hey, maybe it'll be a cool thing to do. Just a thought.

Enjoy your day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home