Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Sunday, November 28, 2004

My Exciting Life

No, that's a lie.

As you can see, I haven't been blogging really. Surprise surprise. I've been really really busy in the last week or so. I had something due every day and I wrote an exam on Thursday for Sociology. I barely studied for it, and ironically, I think I did better than the last one I actually tried on. Strange world.

I've gone to the young adults thing at New Hope a couple times now. I enjoy it. Nice people, good worship, fun games, all round goodness. I had a long conversation with one of the girls there and it was cool to get a different perspective on things from other people that I don't know. But I feel terrible because I forget her name! I'm usually pretty good with names, which is really annoying Oh well.

Work is still going. Lately, though, I've not wanted to show up. I swear, ALL the sick children end up coming in, and it's horrible! The thing is though, we have a policy about that sort of thing, but I never enforce it, as well as a policy on lateness, and I never enforce that one either. I just can't tell people! I feel so bad! Anyways, I've been told I don't appear to be as enthusiastic about work as normal. That's pretty bad because I'm normally really good at faking being happy. Hehehe...it's a talent! I wish! I need another job for the summer because I really can't survive on $8.00/h 12 hours a week. It just doesn't cut it. My friend (whether she's right or not) said that Ford hires students in the summer and if they work full time, they'll make $17 000. And they give their students scholarships too. It sounds too good to be true and I don't really think I could handle the same boring thing all....day....long. I'd rather enjoy my job and make less money. Though money could buy a car, and a car would be nice. And while I'm dreaming......hehehe. The other thing is, I hate Ford, so do I really want to compromise my views for some cash? It's a cruel world.

Well, there you have it. My not so exciting life. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it. But a spontaneous adventure would be cool. I always loved those movies where extraordinary things happen to ordinary people. Besides, who would want to watch a movie that was exactly like your own life? You know how boring that would be? And that's why it's called fantasy! Good old fantasy.

Have a good night all!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 a.m., Blogger Elyse said…

    Ironic you should be saying what you're saying about enthusiasm and work...cuz I'm feeling the exact same way.

    Actually it looks as though the whole quitting/staying issue might be sorted out itself for me though! Dawn wants more housework done these days than actual social work, and since she can now use her VON hours for housework (so long as she's at home with her kids), she can use the money for that. THEREFORE, I might have "some switching around of my hours this spring". I have no idea what that means, but considering she wants me to take most of my Dec. off, I'm thinking this might just not work. I mean, Christmas is when you need the most money. Not that I don't have money, but I'm trying to save as much as possible, and therefore wanted to make lots. :( Annoying bosses. Lol.

    Well, that's my life...er...work life. I really think it's gonna be changing VERY soon... *sigh* Well, we'll see!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home