Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Monday, November 14, 2005

Fire is Fun

So I went away this weekend up to Brockville to visit my boyfriend. You'll get a kick out of this one.......his name is Nathan :P Funny, eh? Anyhoo, yes, he lives in Brockville and for those of you who don't know where that is, it's 6 hours away. I must say, distance sucks and is extremely difficult, but neither of us are willing to give up at all, and I think that makes it all the better. Do you want the story? Ahhh I'm reluctant to share, but here goes:

I met Nathan back during the Christmas holidays when Michelle (my bestest friend in the whole wide world) invited me out with some people from her Bible college (Summit). We talked for awhile and then I went home and that was it for 6 months. Then back in June, he came down to hang out with Michelle and Stark (a guy also from Summit) and so the four of us went out for the night and did random things. At the very end he asked for my e-mail address (actually Stark did because he was too shy.....awwww) and we've talked everyday since. Then back at the end of September, I went up to his house for his brother's wedding ('cause he invited me) and that weekend, we decided to "date" for lack of a better word. So there you go, there's the story with very little detail and such.

Anyways, this past weekend (Thursday-Sunday) I went up to visit him 'cause he came down here the last couple times. So yes, it was a great weekend, despite the fact that I got sick and ended up taking some gravol and sleeping for 3.5 hours on Saturday.....so that sucked. But we did lots of random things....like drive to Kingston for no apparent reason, which was fun. Man, people are dangerous on the 401! I was doing close to 140km/h and this girl was right on my butt. I was surpised because you shouldn't even ride that close in the city. If I had of slammed on the brakes, or even stopped a little bit for that matter, she would have been through my trunk and it was a rental car, too. So on to why my blog is titled as it is. We're both kind of pyros, so we had this great idea to do random things with fire. So we went down to a campsite and used the firepit there. Since it's fall though, we had to clear away all the leaves around the area, just to be safe. He had 1000 matches and so grounded up the heads of them into a powder and filled a film canister with them, then took a rag and soaked it in paraphine oil and lit it as a fuse. It made this pretty sweet fireball! Then we chucked a lighter in the fire and it exploded. Don't worry, we stood back far enough not to die! We poured some paraphine oil on the fire and that created some heat! It was cool because the fire would swirl around the inside of the pit and looked like the actual pit was on fire. It was really neat. Then we also took a lighter and unscrewed the top of it, then took another lighter and lit the first one on fire and once it burned far enough down, it would create this massive stream of fire and you could throw it and then it would look like a streak of fire through the air. I think that's all we did. At any rate, fire is fun!

So, my train left at 11:48am on Sunday and I almost missed it! Literally, I jumped on and then they shut the door and left. It was a close one at that. So our goodbye was extremely short. It's always difficult to come back to reality and hate that. I had a 2.5 hour lay over in Toronto, so that sucked because I was feeling like crap. I walked around the underground city a bit and that quickly ended since I was carrying all my stuff. Everyone thinks that Union Station is overwhelming and intimidating. I don't find that though. I don't know why. I don't think it's too big or anything. It's entertaining because it gives you something to do while waiting, whereas in London all you can do is sit and watch that little TV screen of Touched by an Angel, or good ol' David Suzuki. Anyways, I must be off.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seriously, that fire stuff sounds crazy. I'm surprised you still have all the hairs on your head actually! And yes, waiting for trains and almost being late for them can be such a pain. I've had my share of train trips over the past year or so and now they're just getting annoying. But whatever...sounds like you had a great weekend!! Sure beats what I had to do (nothing but school so that I could clear up this weekend and go home w/out worries! yay!) Have a great night, ~L

     
  • At 8:27 a.m., Blogger Abe said…

    I look forward to seeing a clip of you guys blowing yourselves up on stupidvideos.com. Honestly though, fire is pretty sweet.

     
  • At 12:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow sounds like you had a cool time and i'm glad nothing happened to you guys and the fire. you sound like everythings going good i'm glad. How was kingstin was it fun?it suck you had to leave right away and you had to wait 2 hours for the bus.next time you go bring some fun things on the bus with you like alot of music and chat to people tara

     
  • At 1:24 p.m., Blogger Aleah said…

    It was a train, and yeah, I had my music (mmmm music) and I had a book, too. But still, trains aren't all that fun by yourself when it's dark and you can't look out the window!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home