Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Friday, August 12, 2005

It's been awhile

Well hello there everybody!

I haven't blogged in awhile, and again, I still haven't discovered anything important, or worth my while to blog about besides random pieces of information and what's been going on. Lets see, all I do is work. Yup. I actually like it though because I know everything that is going on all the time in the daycare and most of the kids love me because I'm the one who's consistently there, so that's kind of comforting to have that security in my job. But on the other hand, Goodlife is THE WORST company to work for. I'm supposed to be promoting it and all, but I tell you, never work for them. We now have no manager, and our assistant manager is leaving next week, Patch (founder of Goodlife) poked his head in the daycare the other day to try and tell me how to do my job (which he knows absolutely nothing about by the way) and so that was annoying and aggravating since he was a jerk about it and all. I'd like to see him work a shift in the daycare! Stupid Patch. Anyways, also they tried to cut down staff and how many people work at a time....stupid idea since we're understaffed anyways, and now our budget is down to $14 a month for supplies, and they're taking away the one thing that attracts people to come: the cage and the sportswall. It's this thing where the sensors light up and the kids wack them, or they can just play ball in there or whatever. Enough about work.

Lets see, what else is going on?? Oh, my dad went to Peru for 2 weeks, so it's been just the 3 of us. I've found we get along quite well! Apparently in Lima it's just like Manila with all the pollution and dirtiness type-a deal, so my dad's eye has been bothering him and he pretty much has to keep it shut. He bought a digital camera before he went away, so we'll have to show some pictures of Peru or something.

I'm really looking forward to school. I can't wait to get back into the whole routine thing and back into learning and stuff. Don't you worry, within a couple months I'll be back complaining how much I don't want school and blah blah blah. But I'm getting a little tired of working with kids allllll the time. I babysit on top of my job, so it's just non-stop with the kids. If I had a couple, fine, but the fact that I see like 30 everyday is just a little too crazy. People have been telling me lately that I seem drained and they're probably right. So yeah, I want school to come and I want to buy my books! My plan is to get my books at least a week early, that way I can start reading and try and keep ahead for as long as possible to make it easier. But I need the booklist to be out because some of my classes don't have any books listed for them yet.

I also want school to come because that means my best friend will be coming home and she hasn't really been home for the past year, so I'll be thrilled to have her around this year! Well, I think that's about it. Good day!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:42 p.m., Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    Re: Work Sucks
    Bah. There's something wrong in every work place. The grass is not greener anywhere else, I says.

     
  • At 3:31 p.m., Blogger Aleah said…

    Yeah but there are just WAY too many problems at this place. We have such a high turnover rate, we've had like 4 managers in the last 6 months. It's terrible.

     
  • At 6:28 p.m., Blogger Elyse said…

    Lol, I am almost certain it's better than 30 impatient customers, er "guests" waiting in line at Wendy's. But lol, like Jamie said, the grass is never greener.

    Speaking of work, I know you're ticked at Goodlife and all that, but I'm curious - would they be hiring for the school year? I won't be able to work at Wendy's (too far away) so I'm job hunting again. *Sigh*

    Oh well - ttyl!

     
  • At 9:33 p.m., Blogger Aleah said…

    Well we're hiring for a manager! :P Umm...we might need to hire someone else once school comes, but I won't know until we all figure out our schedules. I'll keep you posted though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home