Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Saturday, May 22, 2004

And the winner goes to...

Parents!

My thing is about parents today. No it's not a bash, as you all may be thinking. See, I would like to acknowledge my parents for all they do/done, 'cause they've done A LOT! No, my parents aren't going to be reading this, and no I'm not doing it for some sort of pride issue to be acknowledged for writing this, 'cause I don't want to be acknowledged. My parents do a lot for me and I just want you to take the time to think about all your parents do for you. I'm sure I'm not the easiest kid to raise, actually I know for a fact, but still, I'm grateful for having parents who care about me and where I am and what I'm doing. I'll admit, it seems unreasonable sometimes when my parents are always on my case about something or they want to know everything and frankly, I just don't want to tell them everything!

But, nevertheless, I never really realized that I need them more than anything and that what they do, is in fact, out of their unconditional love for me. So here's my thing just thanking them and letting you all know that it's a good idea to do the same. A lot of the time we forget how hard it is for them to be parents. Of course I don't fully know 'cause obviously I'm not a parent, but I can only imagine it would suck sometimes. You know, a lifetime commitment. It's hard, I'm sure.

So, next time you think your parents are unreasonable or unfair, think about why. (and remind me once in awhile, 'cause I know it's difficult to do!) Peace out everyone.