Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

My Thoughts

I had this discussion a long time ago with Jamie and Ariel and they seemed to disagree with me. But I was recently talking to some friends of mine about it and just thought I'd present my thoughts to you all to see what you have to say about it.

Well, I think that it is impossible for any human being to like everybody. Sure, you can love them, because God says we're supposed to, but it is impossible to actually like everybody. See, I was in this situation a little while ago, where I really didn't like this person (we're gonna call them Bob). Bob has a very different personality then me, and it doesn't really seem to "click" with mine. I find it difficult to tolerate Bob for long periods of time, because we have such conflicting personalities. Mind you, though I do not particularly like Bob, I am still nice to them, I'd just be a jerk if I wasn't.

My point is, you cannot like everybody; it's just impossible. But you do have to love them and be nice to them. Just because you do not particularly like a person, does not, by any means, give you the "right" to be mean to them or hurt them in any way. Sure, there are things you can see in people you don't like that are good (qualities I mean), but still, that does not mean you actually "like" the person. You can learn to respect everybody, but you really don't have to build a friendship or any kind of relationship with everybody you meet.

There's lots of people that I don't exactly like, but I'm still nice to them. Actually, I'm more mean to the people I do like, then those I don't! Hahaha....funny how that works. No, I'm not saying if I'm nice to you it means I don't like you. So for all those people who are thinking that, STOP! I'm more talking people like, parents or something at work that always have to find something wrong, or just people who bother me for no apparent reason.

So, yeah. If you agree then cool. If not, then cool.