Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Friday, May 14, 2004

The Future

I fear for the future of our world. I look at the grade 9's of my school and all I can do is shake my head. I mean, they have the worst attitudes EVER. They have no respect for anyone or anything. We had this multicultural assembly, where we had all these different people from around the world do dances and speak and stuff and there were these grade 9's sitting behind me and all they did was make fun of the costumes, or the dances, or the people's accents. I swear if I wasn't a nice person, I would have turned around and hit them all. They were being so rude!

Also, the girls think that their only purpose at this point is to look good for the guys. Sure, looking good isn't bad, but you know what? After every period you don't have to go to the bathroom and re-apply the layer of makeup you put on and hour ago! They just dress terribly for their age and they think that's what guys want. Well, you know what? It is! Grade 9 boys that is. See, there was this girl in the washroom balling her eyes out because her boyfriend had just dumped her. I felt bad for her because she was upset, but then she started saying how much she loved him and I was thinking, "he's a grade 9 BOY, do you really think he wants a serious relationship?" My educated guess is, no.

The guys of this generation (and by guys, I pretty much mean boys) have absolutely no respect, whatsoever, for girls either. Sorry to be bias, but it's the truth. When I was in grade 9, there was this girl and she was, well, overweight to say the least, and the guys made fun of her SO badly, that she left crying and dropped the class. AND...the teacher (who was a guy coincidently) said NOTHING!! If I wasn't so shy and it wasn't my first day of high school, I would've said something. But I mean still, guys shouldn't be like that. It's just not right.

Well that's my thing for today. Sorry it's so long, but oh well!