Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Monday, May 17, 2004

Work

You know, most people don't like their part-time jobs, OR their full-time jobs for that matter. Well, I do! I just got home from work a little while ago. Children running around, falling down, getting hurt, comforting them, feeding them, changing them, reading to them, holding them...it's all part of my "job". Somehow, I don't really see it as work. Sure that's what it's called. But it's actually fun. For the most part I look forward to it. See, my co-worker quit and so now I am alone on Monday nights; no matter how many or how few, they're all my responsibility. Haha...some parents walk in and there's about 15 kids running around and they're like, "how do you do it?" Hahaha...all part of my job, right? Well, I'd like to think of it as a talent. For instance, I've managed to prevent a baby from falling off a chair, feed one kid, tell the boys to stop throwing the balls out the window and pick up Isabelle, all at the same time. Pretty cool, eh?!

Tonight, there was this little boy, Jalen, who is 2 1/2 years old. He is the cutest, smartest little boy I've ever met! Although, I was talking to his father today and he told me that he has this very rare disease (I forget what it's called. Started with an "e" I think. But anyways...) where he cannot sweat, because his skin cells are closed. Therefore, he cannot play outside for very long and he constantly has to drink fluids. Also, he barely has any hair, and none on his arms or legs, and he doesn't have any teeth and never will. Excpet for these two teeth at the front that look exactly like dracula teeth. He gets dentures next year! Poor little guy. But you know, even with his condition, he's still the sweetest little boy you'll ever meet! He can even pronounce my name! (which is rare among children) :P

I definitely want children later on! Hahaha....so, I highly dismiss the idea that I have to go to "work". It's so much fun! I mean, playing catch/volleyball/basketball/soccer, building forts, being buried under stuffed animals, watching movies, reading books, playing with toys, kids cuddling in your lap, etc. and getting paid for it? What more could I ask for? I don't understand people who hate children. They're like kittens: Too cute to ignore!

If I ever complain about my job, I give you permission to hit me!