Famous Last Words

"Take my worlds apart"

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day 1

I had my first classes today. They went alright. Both of them were religious studies. My first professor is like 68 or something and from the looks of it, he's the type that doesn't use technology, so that's gonna suck because I have trouble listening and writing at the same time. But oh well, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. My second class looks like it will be good, but this guy is really annoying in it. He always talks out without raising his hand and it's always about himself, and it's not usually relevant to what the professor is saying. For example, my professor mentioned spring break and he's like "it's California break for me..." Who cares?! So needless to say, I want to smack him. I like the professor though. She's really energetic and seems pationate about teaching, which as most of you know, really helps the class to be interesting.

I bussed it today about a hundred times though. I waited in line for OSAP for 3 HOURS! The only thing that helped was the guy beside me started talking to me, otherwise I would have been bored out of my mind. They were playing some Peter Pan Robin Williams film though, so that was alright, but the volume was pretty low, it was hard to hear. Then I bussed it home, ate and got my other books, then within 15 minutes bussed it back to school. Oy. That's a lot of bussing! Anyways, I'm not looking forward to school this year for some reason, but I'm sure I'll plug through it. Normally I'm excited, but I really could careless to go back. We'll see as the year progresses.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 a.m., Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    Refresh my memory. How many more years to you have to go? And what kind of degree are you getting?

     
  • At 12:43 p.m., Blogger Aleah said…

    I have 2 more years (I'm in 3rd of a 4 year program). I'm doing a minor in Religious Studies and an honours specialization in Social Justice and Peace Studies. I'm hoping to work with poor people in some unknown way...I haven't exactly figured it out yet :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home